Sunday 30 January 2011

Meme #30daymeme #meme

Just because others are doing this one and also it gives me an excuse to write. I am going to write days 1-3 in order to catch up with my wife Sam.

 

Day 01 - Your current relationship.
Day 02 ⇝ Where you'd like to be in 10 years
Day 03 ⇝ Your views on drugs and alcohol
Day 04 ⇝ Your views on religion
Day 05 ⇝ A time you thought about ending your own life
Day 06 ⇝ Write 30 interesting facts about yourself
Day 07 ⇝ Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality
Day 08 ⇝ A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life
Day 09 ⇝ How you hope your future will be like
Day 10 ⇝ Discuss your first love and first kiss
Day 11 ⇝ Put your iPod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up
Day 12 ⇝ Bullet your whole day
Day 13 ⇝ Somewhere you'd like to move or visit
Day 14 ⇝ Your earliest memory
Day 15 ⇝ Your favorite Tumblrs
Day 16 ⇝ Your views on mainstream music
Day 17 ⇝ Your highs and lows of this past year
Day 18 ⇝ Your beliefs
Day 19 ⇝ Disrespecting your parents
Day 20 ⇝ How important you think education is
Day 21 ⇝ One of your favorite shows
Day 22 ⇝ How have you changed in the past 2 years
Day 23 ⇝ Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous you find attractive
Day 24 ⇝ Your favorite movie and what it's about
Day 25 ⇝ Someone who fascinates you and why
Day 26 ⇝ What kind of person attracts you
Day 27 ⇝ A problem that you have had
Day 28 ⇝ Something that you miss
Day 29 ⇝ Goals for the next 30 days
Day 30 ⇝ Your highs and lows of this month

 

Day 01 - Your current relationship.

I have been with Sam for almost four years, and next month on the 25th I will have been married for 2 years. I was married in the Venice, and I was engaged the year before after going on holiday to see the Carnival (we got married the day after carnival). We in fact were engaged unofficially a few months before we went to Venice, after we realised this desire after some time away at the Infest festival where we enjoyed just being together as a couple. After that we practically lived together. Along the way there have been some tough times, and some hypocrisy from others. But to be honest I am a better person with Sam, as I realise my self fully, and have achieved some of my dreams. 


Day 02 ⇝ Where you'd like to be in 10 years

Hopefully I will have a lectureship, and perhaps two children. I will have had the chance to do research in other countries for some time, such as Italy, France or the US. Otherwise I would like to have had the chance to write freelance for a roleplay game and well still have the same sort of fun I have now. I don't see why children and so forth can impede on the things I enjoy in life.

Day 03 ⇝ Your views on drugs and alcohol

So tough one here. Alcohol first. Fine in moderation. I have my limits, and know when they are close when drinking. However I just hate get hung over, thus why I tend to not drink Stout any more. I have got very drunk on a few occasions and utterly regret it, as I have ended up either in a very bad state (such as when my girlfriend dumped me a long while back) or have just said some awful things to Sam (though that I think was just real life and bad dreams merging). I enjoy drinking socially, but there is a limit, and it is a shame that others go well beyond and just come across as complete idiots. I can admit a drink helps with being social, but too much just ruins things. Alcohol is a dangerous drug socially and biologically so I just don't get binge drinkers.

Now smoking. I used to smoke and now don't. Again moderation, but again it is a terrible drug in the addiction it causes and horrible damage to the body.

Other drugs. Well there are drugs that are fine either socially or medically in moderation. Plus some, though illegal are in fact more safe than alcohol. Shame that no matter how safe you think you are with them there is no way to be sure the pill you have had is the real deal. Weed is pretty hard to screw with like this. So even though people think they know what the hell they are doing, that is just a theory. In the real world that drug may only be 10% of the real thing. If we could all have untainted E then great. But that just isn't the case right now.

Weed I have smoked. But again smoking it all the time is just not great. I enjoyed it socially, and yeah did some stupid things on it (more because we were geeks with too much time on our hands). The real problem is that is Skunk too potent and presents more of a risk.

Also drugs should be kept out the hands of those still developing socially, emotionally and biologically. I have a complete dislike for those that think it solves all problems. It is utterly irresponsible of people to give it to those more at risk.

Also drug taking elitism/anti drug elitism is just plain stupid. Just because you have taken a drug and survived doesn't make it any safer. There are too many variables. Equally being anti drugs is wrong when those same people happily get wasted on booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment